Fly to the sky

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Jam packed Fun day!

A fun day, time well-spent, satisfying to the core. Things I did today...woke up at 12, rushed to school for the Holi party organized by Om. Great food, and the best part it was unlimited:) Have no count on the parathas and ras malais I must have gulped...hehe. Didnt hand arnd for long there for the color play...friends rushed me to the fun-fair. Not very different from any mela in our towns...all crafty items around...Egyptian culture stall, Aladdin and 40 chor ones, science exhibits, Red Indian history, Alice in wonderland and many more like that. Very arty stuff, am sure must have taken months to make. Very beautiful and stylish, all of them without any exception! There were kiddish games at many stalls...throw the balls within the holes drilled, or the rings around the toys and u win some prize. Won many chocolates along these ;) Then the crazy rides. I know them as Giant wheel, Tora tora and break dancers. They r known as Hurricane, Sizzlers and Ferry wheels here...but all the same...it was so much fun, my head was spinning after a while!

It was nearing 4:30 now, and we headed to the soft ball game organized in honor of Late Prof Jim Tomayko...it was raining and hence the game replaced with Volley ball. Ow, played after real long I know. Wasnt very good at it, hurt my wrists in a couple of shots but it was fun and I enjoyed that a lot despite the fact that my legs were killing me...went on for an hour and a half or so. Had pizza now, it does taste better when u r absolutely worn out, hehe.

A quick email/voice mail check and rushed home for some rest...and back to school for the fireworks at the carnival. The air was misty with rain and the moisture, but there could be nothing to dampen the spirit of the Spring fest at CMU! The fireworks were breath taking, it was awesome. Initially began with the different colors sent in one after the other, then followed it up with some patterns, then the sparklers which were like the shooting stars....The grand finale was terrific, the melding of different colors was so cool. The whole show must have lasted for like 40 mins I guess, it was amazing!

Didnt feel like heading for home so soon...had clubbing plans but decided against that...went to the SCS Lounge, had some coffee and chocolates, wafers for food:) Played scrabble ekdum my style, full with cheating over scores and fighting over non-existent words, borrowing of tokens...hehe, felt like I was back home...then, the word building where I am the reigning queen, never-beaten by anyone on earth:) The 20 questions game where again we fought over cheating rules, hehe. TT was fun, played after long but man, do I ever lose touch with any game, hehe...and before we realized it was 2:30. Left for home soon by the next shuttle....

A fun-filled total time pass day, haha...laughed and gossiped to my heart's content...

1 Comments:

Blogger Arjun J said...

Just wanna say hello. Came accross your profile on orkut. As I understand you too are from RAIT!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home