Fly to the sky

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What a week !

Easily, the best week I have had at Pittsburgh ! Had a blast in the weekend. We had friends visit us who wanted to see what Pittsburgh night life is like :) We went to Tequilla Willes, a disc at Strip district in Downtown. Let my hair down after real long, I know. The party went on till 2:30 AM. We managed to find a pizza place open. Talked and talked, before we eralized it was 4:30AM. Back home, and was up till 6-7 !

Worked dead hard in the next 2 days, preparing for the demo we had to give. I knew this demo was important for my client, but had not anticipated this....the classroom was solid hi-tech! Students there were mostly PhD guys, each had a microphone on their desk. The class was being wired live to Japan. The Japanese students were video-conferencing with us. So, a special huge touchscreen for the class. Did not expect this, so was not really that well prepared too...I began like , 'Hi...Pittsburgh and Japan...', and then it was all smooth...The lecturer was happy, he asked me for a copy of this system for his class too. My prof was glad it went well.

The next day, my professor was very happy, and she has offered me a TAship for her class starting in April. This class is a distant program, and I would be required to help students on email, and correct their assignments and tests. I havent heard the details from her yet. But its nice that I will have another small income coming my way :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home